Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 02:35:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason End <bensnephew@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDBC problem: SQLException Error en Connect No suitable driver

--- Yani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net> wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Did you make sure that the Oracle jdbc driver is in
> the CLASSPATH when starting
> the JVM?

I haven't made any variations to the classpath, but if
I understand correctly the classloader make the class
available upon starting tomcat, given that within the
webapp realm. The class is in
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat3.3.1/webapps/upload/WEB-INF/lib

*upload is just the name of the servlet

> tedstriker@graffiti.net wrote:
> Hmmmm...I know you probably already thought of
> this, but
> you have Linux compatibility mode enabled on the
> FreeBSD box, right?

yes

> > Just thinking because you are using the Linux JDK
> kit...
> >
> > What box is the Oracle DB on?

It's on a separate Win NT4 box.