Date:      Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:19:00 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/amd64: is Linux 32-bit or 64-bit?

On Sunday 11 December 2005 17:59, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Since summer this year I try compiling a working 64-bit capable JAVA
> environment! I had never luck with FBSD 6.0-RELEASE, but with one of the
> following 6.0-STABLEs. No clue why. These days I did a portupgrade and
> my jdk15 died again, impossible to compile it again. Installing
> Linuxulator and linux-jdk14 for bootstrapping purposes works fine, but
> jdk15 dies: some java vm errors occur. No chance.
>
> JAVA is very important these days and the lack of a working java
> environment is harsh.

Hi there
even if java1.4 and 1.5 of any kind (jdk, linux-jdk ...) installs smooth it=
 is=20
not working properly  on i386 as plugin, does not matter if on 4.11, 5.4, 6=
=2E0=20
R and Stable, does not matter if Gnome or Kde and Konqueror, Firefox or any=
=20
other Mozilla. I compiled and configured  my PCs to death ... no chance.

Jo=E3o