Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 1996 12:37:56 +0200
From:      Beck Peccoz Amedeo <gea@masternet.it>
To:        "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PONY UP! (was: The -stable problem: my view)

Aaron D. Gifford wrote:

> Ideas:  Why not add a web page or two on the www.freebsd.org site describing
> how to contribute money, hardware, labor, etc?  The page might suggest a
> tiered donation scheme (perhaps something like $25, $50, $100, $200, $500,
> $1000, etc. donations per install or upgrade) where donors are listed on

 How about requesting a fee to enter this mailing list? I've been really impressed
on how FreeBSD is managed: people pay nothing (do you consider $14.95 more than nothing?)
to receive at their homes a copy of a BSD Unix, and then they pay nothing (in the
real meaning of "not a single dollar") to have FREE, QUICK and EASY assistance
from THE CORE TEAM developing the system. Whoelse gives you such a service?
Why we shouldn't pay for this? Where is it written that we have to be fully
assisted for free?
 If we need/want the -stable not to die we have to pay. So let's pay and stop
wasting bandwidth on the net with this subject.

--

Beck-Peccoz Amedeo
GEA Software S.r.l.

Tel. ++39-125-366302 Fax. ++39-125-366415