Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:53:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
To:        Eric Simpson <eric@eric-simpson.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Several things

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Eric Simpson wrote:

> Chris,
>
> 	Maybe you know the answer to this...  I followed the
> instructions in your Installing section.  When I installed FreeBSD both
> from a downloaded version, and the 4 CD set I bought from Walnut Creek
> CDROM, it seemed like everything went fine until it came to to "Exit
> Install" and reboot.  When it rebooted, I got a rather non-descript
> error message saying, "Read error."  And then the system hung.  Any idea
> what I might be doing wrong?  I've installed Linux (Redhad and
> Slackware) and haven't had any sort of problem like this.

That is a very non-descript error.  I am not sure what it is.  If
everything seemed to install correctly, this shouldn't happen.  Could you
elaborate a little about when during the reboot the problem occured.
(during the device probe, during the filesystem check...)

What kind of disks do you have SCSI or IDE etc...

Is this all on one disk, or multiple?

	--Chris