Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 17:54:16 -0500
From:      Matthew Fuller <fullermd@linkfast.net>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Allen Campbell <allenc@verinet.com>, spork <spork@super-g.com>
Subject:   Re: Naw, Netscape doesn't have a memory problem!

On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 02:31:50AM +0530, a little birdie told me
that Rahul Siddharthan remarked
> Andrew Boothman said on May 11, 2000 at 20:36:07:
>
> > On 04-May-00 Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> > > I've removed my copy of NS 6, but Mozilla M15 -- linux build, on
> > > FreeBSD -- seems to work.  A bit slow (ok, very slow) but hasn't
> > > crashed yet. What a ghastly page, though. If it crashes on
> > > windows, well - doesn't everything?
> >
> > I've got the FreeBSD build of Mozilla M15 working really well, and
> > it certainly doesn't seem slow to me (500Mhz Athlon, 128MB RAM).
> > It's just a shame about the lack of Java support right now.
>
> Well, this is a 32 MB Pentium 200 MHz, so it's not surprising it's
> slow. It's significantly slower than Netscape 4.x.

It is definately much slower than NS4.  I have a dual PPro200 with 256
meg of RAM.  It also crashes with about the same frequency.  I'd like it
better if it had certain features, like the 'progress' bar-thingy on
etc.

However, it does show a lot of promise for the future, and I'm sure it'll
surpass Nutscrape before too terribly much longer.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@linkfast.net