Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:19:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cannot find bind sector table (bad sector table corrupted)

Is there any way to fix the following problem?

wd1: cannot find bad sector table (bad sector table corrupted)
wd1s1: cannot find bad sector table (bad sector table corrupted)

This 4GB IDE drive is a "dedicated" FreeBSD partition.  bad144 doesn't
seem to want to help (it just complains about the corrupted table).
The data on the drive is still readable (as far as I've been able to
surmise), but I'm afraid to add any more data else I write to a bad
block.

Should I backup and reformat?  Trash the drive?

thanks!
-david.