Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 17:26:05 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Graham Lillico <graham_lillico@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl Modules

* Graham Lillico <graham_lillico@hotmail.com> [010509 17:12]:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help me,  I am trying to install gnatsweb 2.8.0 and I
> have hit a problem it seems that gnatsweb requires CGI version 2.56 or
> greater and I only have 2.46 installed.  My question is how do I upgrade my
> version of CGI?
>
> I have tried compiling p5-CGI-2.76 from the ports collection but this
> doesn't seems to have done anything.  I am currently running on
> FreeBSD-4.3-20010429-STABLE.

Did it install? Do this:

pkg_info|grep p5-CGI

If that's blank, you didn't install it.
Concentrate and try again.

then

pkg_info -L <whatever the name of the p5-CGI line from the last command was>

This tells you what files are in that package.

Finally, do this:

 perl -e 'print (join "\n",@INC), "\n";'

Thislists all the directories Perl searches for modules.

Check it can find CGI.pm you installed.
If it can't, you either need to move stuff around, or add a

use lib "/directory/CGI/module/ended/up/in";

to the top of all your scripts.

--
"I only touch base with reality on an as-needed basis!"
		-- Royal Floyd Mengot (Klaus)