Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:15:17 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        glitch@internetcds.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Subscribing?

I'm sure this will be my first of many questions.

Is the "freebsd-questions" list a mailing list that I can subscribe=20
to? Where I get all posts to that list. If so, how do I subscribe?
(Maybe just by sending this message is enough.)

Kevin Glick

Dear Kevin Glick,

the answers to your questions are found at=20
http://www.freebsd.org/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL.

Please keep in mind that most people in Unix mailing lists normally=20
use the **text** format for e-mail; the reasons for that will become=20
clear once you begin running Unix :-)

An online ... version of a few years' mail, subdivided into=20
subcategories (e.g. forums) and sorted e.g. by subject, is found at=20
http://www.freebsd.org/mail; the page provides you with a link to the=20
search engine (which enables you to perform a "thematic" search), and=20
with a link to the ftp mail resources (which allow you to download=20
e.g. a week's mail in compressed form).

The FreeBSD main site, http://www.freebsd.org, and its linked pages=20
(e.g. Documentation) contain a large amount of information; which will=20
probably answer many of your potential questions.

Best regards,
Salvo