Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 2004 12:29:28 +0100
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Richard Schilling <rschi@rsmba.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: creation of /usr/include/sys

Richard Schilling <rschi@rsmba.biz> writes:
> I solved the problem and got top working again when I finally erased
> /usr/include/sys and copied /usr/src/sys/sys to /usr/include/sys
> (after running cvsup on the source tree of course).

This is almost never the right thing to do unless you are already very
familiar with the build system.

> I thought `cd /usr/src/sys; make install' would have copied
> /usr/sys/sys to /usr/include/sys, but it doesn't.  Where in the
> build process does /usr/include/sys get created?

'make includes' in /usr/src.

You wouldn't be having these problems if you followed the documented
procedure (buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, reboot into
single-user mode, installworld, mergemaster, reboot)

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no