Date:      Fri, 5 Jan 2001 04:42:14 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New port: BugSeeker for Java 2

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 08:02:33AM -0500, Patrick Gardella wrote:
> Just to get things clear (for me at least), are you suggesting that
> patchset 11 will have JPDA with it, or that it will be capable of
> running the JPDA?

I don't think there is such a thing as "running the JPDA".  Its a
specification which is either implemented or not :).

So, I'm suggesting that patchset 11 will contain a JPDA implementation.
We have SCSL'ed code for it, so there are no barriers to releasing it.

This will mean that applications using the JPDA API for debugging will
run with the native port.

					- Greg