Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 18:45:24 -0800
From:      Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <gunnar@paganlibrary.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: staroffice and linux_base port

I was getting the same error message when i upgraded the linux_base from 5.2 to
6.1 and tried to re-install SO. Once I removed 6.1 and reinstalled 5.2, the
problem disappeared.

until a solution is found, I'm sticking with 5.2, too much of my homework is
done in SO.

On Wed, 01 Mar 2000, Walter Brameld wrote:
> Re: my other message about being prompted into installing and
> trouble-shooting gnome and xmcd (no problems with the last), I ain't
> touching this one, it's a 50+meg download on 28.8.
>
> Yes I know, last time a lot of people were kind enough to send me
> information on obtaining the files other ways, please do not repeat...
>
> Just a guess, my first thing to try would be to cvsup my ports, cd to
> /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base, then run make clean, make deinstall,
> make install.
>
> Then try Staroffice again.
>
>  On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for
> enlightenment, Edward Knight wrote: > I have been trying to install
> Staroffice 51a from the ports collection. >
> > I am running FreeBSD 3 stable from 3.2R
> >
> > The make fails with the following:
> >
> > ===>  Installing for staroffice-5.1a
> > ===>   staroffice-5.1a depends on file:
> > /compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libc.so.5 - not found
> > ===>    Verifying install for
> > /compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/libc.so.5 in
> > /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base
> > ===>  Installing for linux_base-6.1
> > 666: not found
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Looks like the ports collection for linux_base-6.1 is missing the
> > libc.so.5.
> >
> > any help here?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > T.K.

> --
> Walter Brameld
>
> in·tel·lec·tu·al
> n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
> Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

If men got pregnant abortion would be safe, legal, & available forever.

Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold
The Pagan Library
http://www.paganlibrary.com