Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:32:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      <snowfox@Mcs.Net>
To:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An Explosion at the Bazaar

> "An explosion at the bazaar?"
>
> First off, I'd change the title. Sounds too much like a Middle-Eastern
> terrorist attack.

I sure hope that's not the -only- feedback I'm going to get. ;)

One of the worst things that could happen to open software would be the
Windows NT line attaining stability similar to what Windows 98 has. For
most coporations, a lack of stability is seen as NT's only major
shortcoming. Few worry that Microsoft might disappear, and fewer still
care whether one company holds all the standards: it simply doesn't
factor in when you're looking for the cheapest, easiest solution to an
IT department that's growing faster than you can throw qualified new
hires at it.

Microsoft *is* the preferred solution, and stability may be the only
thing holding it back from a default win. I'd still love to hear others'
views on this as well as comments on my previous posting.

Cheers -
Brian