Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:39:05 -0500
From:      Trey Sizemore <trey@fastmail.fm>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Requesting input from users with nice fonts

I read the section of the handbook concerning X and fonts (section 5.5),
but wanted some additional assistance from users with nice fonts
(subjective, I guess), especially those using bitstream fonts.

I have a number of fonts on CD that I copied from a previous Linux
machine I was using.  What is the easiest way to make these fonts
available to applications in my FreeBSD installation?  In other words,
in what directory(ies) should in place the fonts so that they are usable
by applications in KDE, Gnome, XFce, etc.?   Do I then need to manually
create FontPath entries in the XF86Config file?

Or if there's another way please let me know.

Thanks.