Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 2010 00:46:50 +0200
From:      Gabor PALI <pgj@FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Call for Documentation Contributors

Hello there,

I am looking for volunteers who are interested in writing
documentation, i.e. working with the FreeBSD Handbook and the
documentation set.  Many of our great documentation writers have
decided to retire from their work over the last years, which means the
FreeBSD Documentation Project is in need of talented, skilled,
determined, and ambitious people who would help to maintain the
tradition of producing high quality documentation for the FreeBSD
operating system.

The documentation set is prepared in DocBook that might seem a bit
complicated at first sight, but I can assure you it can be learned
quickly.  All you need is good writing skills in English, some
knowledge of FreeBSD systems, and willingness to learn even more about
them.  To coordinate and encourage the efforts, I have created a site
[1] called "The FreeBSD Contributor's Documentation Project" that
contains the necessary information.  Note that there are many ways of
contribution: you can comment open Problem Reports or write patches
(by using Mercurial Queues for example), etc. depending on your free
time.  I can help with anything at the regular weekly IRC meetings,
and you can contact me via email directly any time, and hopefully
other documentation developers will also join me.

Thank you for any help in advance.

:g

[1] http://doc.hu.freebsd.org/