Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2019 10:12:55 +0200
From:      David Demelier <markand@malikania.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E590T and AMD Radeon RX 550X (Intel UHD Graphics 620)

Le 14/06/2019 à 09:34, Trond Endrestøl a écrit :
> I'm considering adding 16 GiB of memory for a total of 32 GiB, and
> swap the 512 GB NVMe SSD in favour of a 1 TB NVMe SSD.

NVMe is definitely awesome in terms of speed. My laptop boots in less
than 3 seconds (but not running FreeBSD though).

> The laptop has both AMD Radeon RX 550X and Intel UHD Graphics 620. I
> didn't find anything conclusive on https://www.x.org/wiki/radeon/.
> Maybe I'm simply blind.

TBH, I'd avoid double graphic cards. They are known to cause troubles on
non Windows OSes. Even Linux has troubles with them (but mostly nvidia).

> Is the Radeon RX 550X GPU supported by X.org and a particular driver?

I don't think there are known problem with radeons cards. But some other
comments are welcome.

> Does the presence of Intel UHD Graphics 620 cause any known issues?

Intel is pretty much working out of the box.

> Any other thoughts on Lenovo Thinkpad E590T?

I personally have a X1 carbon 4th gen (2016) and I just love it.
Thinkpads are very good laptops with extreme good consumer support.

I've looked on the french lenovo market and could not find E590T, only
E590. So I don't know the differences. I'd personally recommend one with
the WQHD resolution rather than full hd (2560x1440) because it's just
awesome.

HTH,

--
David