Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:20:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/32470: Adding a Link to BSDMall.com

The following reply was made to PR docs/32470; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org>
To: Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: wolfram schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:03:56 +0100

 On 2001-12-03 09:34:46 -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
 > On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:06:25AM -0800, wolfram schneider wrote:
 > > Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.org> writes:
 > > > Is there a specific reason we don't have an icon and link to
 > > > BSDMall.com on the main FreeBSD.org site?  I think it would be a good
 > > > opportunity for us to show our support for them.
 > >
 > > It doesn't look like anyone has any objections.  Is someone from the
 > > web team interested in coordinating this?
 >
 >   Two questions.  First of all, is there a "FreeBSD"-only section of
 > the BSDMall that we can link to?  I think there could be some
 > confusion if someone follows the link and finds a bunch of NetBSD or
 > Darwin promotions.  Secondly, this would set a precedent that might
 > come back to haunt us later.  We already have the link for Daemonnews
 > which is the same organization and has lots of BSDMall products for
 > sale in the side bar of the main page.  I guess I'm being optimistic
 > in thinking that our available space could be flooded by different BSD
 > organizations or business units but it still seems we should be
 > careful.  ;)

 3th question: what is the status of the FreeBSDMall? Is
 www.freebsdmall.com still supported by WindRiver?

 -Wolfram

 --
 Wolfram Schneider <wosch@FreeBSD.org> http://wolfram.schneider.org