Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:52:25 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <cygone@zoomnet.net>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: multiple machines in the same network

>> We are an ISP and we want to let our customers to put their own hardware
>> into our network. But the thing we are concerned about is security of
>> course. How can we protect our system from customers' machines?

 What do you mean protect yourself? From things like sniffing passwords, or
things like DoS attacks?

Preventing the sniffing of your passwords is fairly easy, just segment your
network, get a switch and make sure their machine is on a different port
than any of yours. Preventing DoS attacks isn't as simple, look into
firewalling at the router..

 - Mitch