Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:26:15 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        Joshua Lewis <jmlewis@dslextreme.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IMAP Prefrence

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:45:09 -0700 (PDT), "Joshua Lewis"
<jmlewis@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> I am trying to set up my mail server with Postfix and wish to use IMAP.
>
> I tried asking the postfix mailing list this question and did not receice
> and feedback.
>
> Does Postfix have built in IMAP support or do I have to use a third party.
> If I have to use a third party are there any suggestions?

You have to use a third-party application.  I highly recommend Dovecot,
which you can install via the mail/dovecot port.  It supports IMAP/IMAPS
and POP3/POP3S; many mailbox formats; and many user database back-ends
(/etc/passwd; LDAP; PostgreSQL; MySQL; etc.).  It is highly
configurable.  Be sure to look at the port Makefile for build options.

Cheers,

Paul.
--
e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu