Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:48:35 -0500
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <freebsd-ports@fair-ware.com>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "'Oliver Lehmann'" <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Subject:   RE: MySQL and Perl

Oliver,

If you check CVSweb, you'll see that the various Perl modules were added
as dependencies back in August, 2001.  This was because several of the
MySQL utility programs are written in Perl, and require these modules to
functions.

The utilities are:

	mysql_convert_table_format
	mysql_setpermission
	mysql_hotcopy

As I never use these, I usually remove the p5 dependencies from the
Makefile before upgrading.  You can do the same, but realize that you're
breaking the dependency tree.  If you ever need those utilities, you
will be out of luck until you install the p5-MySQL ports.

--
Paul A. Howes