Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:12:37 +0200
From:      "Martin Vana" <martin.vana@vslib.cz>
To:        <drew@PoohSticks.ORG>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>

still aint working (connection dropped on reset, unknown error 0);
Im a total newbie so maybe I did something wrong, i did exactly this,

cd /usr/ports/someport
make FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-p

>hi,
>when i am trying to port some program from ports directory (4.3stable) it
>never connects to a ftp. Problem might be a firewall, there are so few
ports
>allowed, but 21 is. Anyone has the same experience?

Of course, establishing an active data connection also means having the
server connect to an ephemeral port on your machine which is not allowed.

    make FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-p

will give you passive ftp instead.