Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:33:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Geza Fodor <hae_geza@yahoo.com>
To:        Doug@gorean.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse first worked, now have to enabled

Hi again,

thanks in advance for your valuable questions.
Browsing the mailing list archive I saw, that you try
to help to all of us.

So let's work.

>Since you didn't say what kind of mouse you have

I have a three buttoned WinBest 4+ mouse. An award
winning one. :-] But you probably forgot. First i had
it running.

> but this sounds like an IRQ conflict.
Seems not. Look:

grep -i irq /var/run/dmesg.boot
vga0: <Matrox MGA 2164W graphics accelerator> rev 0x00
int a irq 255 on pci0.10.0
vga1: <VGA-compatible display device> rev 0x21 int a
irq 255 on pci1.0.0
atkbd0 irq1 on isa
sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa
sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
fdc0 at 0x3f0-0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa
wdc0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 14 on isa
wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa
ppc0 at 0x378 irq 7 flags 0x40 on isa

And cut from MYKERNEL:
device sio0 at isa? port "IO_COM1" flags 0x10 tty irq
4
device sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3
device sio2    at isa? disable port "IO_COM3" tty irq
5
device sio3    at isa? disable port "IO_COM4" tty irq
9

That's all. /stand/sysinstall -> menu 5, 10, 3 and
works again.

Other ideas? After booting could I try to get som
parameters direct from the mouse daemon? And after the
enabling process again? How do you think?

Geza

Offtopic question: how could I set the list to digest
format?