Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:58:55 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>, Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>, Zhiui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Design a journalled file system

Russell Cattelan wrote:

> Terry Lambert wrote:
>

> > Darwin support would be automatic, with a FreeBSD port.  Darwin
> > can use FreeBSD FS code, unmodified.

Unmodified is a bit of a hyperlbolae..
Let's say "there's probably a close mapping due to common anscestors"

> Ohh? I got the impression the vm system is quite different.
> vfs and vnode may map quite effortlessly but that's not the
> part I'm concerned about.
> 95% of the work for linux port has been in the IO path.

Remember that Darwin is based on Mach, and that FreeBSD is based on BSD4.4
which used the Mach VM, so we have a common anscestor in the VM systems too.

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org