Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:37:44 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcm0: thumbs up,down,up

pcm is again working correctly with the Yamaha YMF715 based sound system
of my laptop.

It had been working fine up till shortly before secure/libcrypt broke on
-current.

Then I had an array of strange problems.

After testing and logging the various failures with cat, mpg123,
xanim,  rvplayer, and mtv threaded and unthreaded,

I rebuilt the kernel with voxware and found that everything worked.

I then rebuilt the kernel with pcm again and found that everything
worked too.

Well not exactly everything works.  They each then and continue today to
exhibit their unique little toubles.

(volume doesn't work right under pcm (I have a patch), some
versions of mtv audio don't work quite right via voxware, ...)

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>