Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:51:09 -0400
From:      "Osmany Guirola Cruz" <osmany.guirola@cigb.edu.cu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems whith ACPI in 5.1Release Installation

 Hi=20
  I am trying to install the 5.1Release and i am havin problems with ACPI
these is the message:

ACPI autoload failed - inappropiated file type or format
Fatal Trap 12 : page fault while in kernel mode
Fault virtual address =3D 0x240
Fault code =3D supervisor read, page not present
stack pointer =3D0x10:0xc0ae3cf4
frame pointer =3D0x10:0xc0ae3d38
code segment =3D base 0x0, limit 0x fffff, type 0x1b
             =3D DPL 0 , pres 1, def32 1,
processor eflags=3D interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=3D0
trap number =3D12
panix: page fault
Uptime 1s

I try in the boot menu de 2 an 3 option(disabled ACPI) and i have tha same =
result=20
What should i do.
=20
I have a P4 1.5 Mhz 512MB of RAM , a Maxtor 40GB 4k040h2
=20

=20
 =20