Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 11:47:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dcasba@rain.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium motherboards

> Can you get these in 120Mhz configuration too?

Not sure, but from the spec sheet:
                    ASUS PCI/I-P55TP4 Mainboard

Specifications:

- Processor (Intel Socket5 ZIF Socket for CPU)
  . Intel Pentium Processor 75/90/100 MHz (P54C/CT)
                                                ^^

The P54CT is the ``Turbo'' version of the P54C that is not yet
avaliable.  This *may* be the 120MHz part.  The only other board
that I know of that lists the P24CT as supported is the PCI/E-P54NP4
boards you have been using (it is not in the online copy, but it
is in your MB book).

The 120Mhz part, from my understanding, is run externaly at 60 Mhz,
and internally at 120Mhz.  If the motherboard has the 1/2 2/3 bus/core
ratio jumper on it it is suppose to be able to run the 120MHz part.

Some boards have this jumper some do not.

I will check with ASUS on this board to find out if it will run the
120MHz part.

As a side note for all you folks that bought 486 mother boards with
the P24T socket on it, I have word from my supplier that the P24T
is now shipping.  I should have pricing in a day or two.