Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 15:28:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux emu & Netscape

Hi there, first of all, congrats to all involved in the Linux emulation --
I'm quite impressed. Secondly, I ws wondering what version of Netscape for
Linux you all recommend running (I just want the Linux version for the
Java support..).
I downloaded 2.02 because it's a.out and I'm assuming that's where the
best emulation is on FreeBSD (I'm running 2.2-SNAP-96.08.01 BTW). But I
remember that the -CURRENT branch was also working on elf support for
FreeBSD as well, and before I spend 3 hours trying to download the
netscape-v30-linux-elf.gz I thought I'd ask if anyone is running this
sucker and how successful they've been.

Finally, when I do run the v2.02 linux a.out Netscape, I get this when I
start it:

mark:{102}/home/mark % resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword
resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword

and when  hit a Java page the following occured:
[1]    Bus error                     lnetscape

It core dumped.. (I call it lnetscape so I can keep using the 3.0 bsd
version as well)

Any clues about why it dumps when it hits java? Is there something extra I
should do to get it working? And of course, the first error mean I can
only open pages by IP number instead of by name. Rather annoying.

TIA,
-Mark

| Mark Mayo		mark@quickweb.com |
| C-Soft  	        www.quickweb.com  |
"To iterate is human, to recurse divine."
		- L. Peter Deutsch