Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:33:05 -0500
From:      "Steve Bertrand" <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        <wherbert@comcast.net>
Cc:        'FreeBSD Questions' <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: ICH6-R

> Steve, I have made good progress. It seems that the factory
> shipped the sata drives on ports 3 and 4 of the sata
> controller. Both drives where secondary slaves. While we both
> know that really shouldnt matter when you build a logical
> drive and tell the array controller what span to boot from.
> But it looks like freebsd hiccups on it. I moved my sata
> drives to ports 1 and 2 on the sata controller, rebuilt the
> array, installed and booted off the array with no problems.
>
> My next issue with this controller is the performance -ick!
> There is a blurb about its read perfomance on the intel web
> site, Ill keep you posted. Good luck and let me kknow what
> your drive configuration is.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to Cc: the list now, in case someone else
is having issues.

My drives are 1 and 2 as well, as a matter of fact, I've tried them
everywhere. No matter what, after install, I get the blinking cursor.

I'm going to try to get a chance this aft to play around again, and I'll
let you know what I find. If it doesn't work, we can compare BIOS
settings.

Regards,

Steve