Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:15:41 -0600
From:      Mike Kephart <mkephart@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCIC support question

Hello,

As a long time FreeBSD bigot, I just helped a friend install 3.0-RELEASE
on his laptop.  We ran into a PCIC support issue that I've (luckily)
avoided up to now.  He has a Toshiba Tecra 780CDM and we found that
pccard support was missing.  Looking at the boot messages, I see:

chip5: <PCI to CardBus bridge (vendor=1179 device=060f)> rev 0x44 int a
irq 255 on pci0.11.0
chip6: <PCI to CardBus bridge (vendor=1179 device=060f)> rev 0x44 int b
irq 255 on pci0.11.1

My questions are:

	Does anybody know who this manufacturer is and if there are any plans
to expand PCIC support in the near future (to hopefully support this
mystery vendor)?

Thanks,
	\MikeK