Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:47:06 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Sage McGirk" <sagem@cricket.mindcrime.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: install panic

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sage McGirk" <sagem@cricket.mindcrime.net>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2000 7:12 AM
Subject: install panic

> p3 750
> 256MB ram
> Gforce 2 GTS 32meg video
> 3com ether
>
> Getting the panic error, "panic: pmap_release: freeing help page table
> page" after puttin in the second disk, mfsroot.flp
>
> Any ideas on whats causing this.  I have tried numerous boot disks, and
> new memory, and can't get past this panic error.
>
> It promptly reboots after the error as well.
>
> Please reply privately or cc me as I'm not on the list.
>
> Thanks

When you say that you have used numerous boot disks are you saying that you
have recreated the boot disk numerous times onto the same floppy, or have
you tried to make different floppies into boot disks?

If you are having the exact same panic even after using different floppies
then you are having some kind of hardware issue.  We'll need to know what
versions of FBSD you are installing and more info about your
hardware....(like what kind of 3com board and what motherboard and so forth)

Josh