Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:30:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Larry Librettez <lipshitz909@yahoo.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-qa@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3-BETA won't su to root in X terminal - UPDATE

I've done a fresh install off a 4.3rc2 iso on a
reformatted FreeBSD partition.  Unfortunately, I still
cannot su to root in an rxvt xterminal.  I can however
with xterm, gnome-terminal, or kterm in Gnome or KDE.
And I can su to root from a plain console outside X.

To recap, this problem did not exist with the
4.2-STABLE kernel/world.  And yes, the regular user is
a member of the wheel group.

Has anyone had this problem aside from me (cannot su
to root in rxvt within X, but no such problem with
xterm, gnome-terminal, kterm), with 4.3-RC?  Any ideas
on how to fix it?