Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:59:50 -0400
From:      "Arend P. van der Veen" <apv@capital.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports Collection and FreeBSD 5.2.1

I think I figured out the problem that I was having.  I compiled
portupgrade before I performed a cvsup and rebuilt the kernel.  Now I
run cvsup, rebuild the kernel, install portupgrade (and pkgtools
dependency) using make install and then execute portsdb -Uu.

When I perform these steps the problems that I had cleared up.  It was a
stupid mistake on my part.

I do have an additional question.  I thought that my cvsup input was
setup to load the complete ports collection.  Specifically, the line

ports-all tag=.

loads the complete ports collection.  Is this correct ?

Thanks for your help,
Arend