Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 21:42:36 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu1@tao.sinanet.com.tw>
Cc:        jkb@best.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD 2.3...

Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu wrote:

> > I have nothing against anyone, any project. But I've readed Theo's
> > coremail:http://www.theos.com/~deraadt/coremail.html
> > I've a lot of question in head now. To much questions.
> > Search "FreeBSD" in that page. The problem is than its only a log and everyone
> > seems to lie.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I didn't finish reading it. I browsed it quickly and , well, yes, had a lot
> of question marks in the head. What had Theo done to make NetBSD really angry ?
> Why did NetBSD core team member call Jordan a liar ? Looks like NetBSD project
> is not friendly to FreeBSD project...
>
> Anyway, my dream to unite the free BSDs will just be never-ending... ^_^
>
> Yen-Wei Liu

I've mailed to Theo... and surprise! He reply.
Sorry if I restart an old maybe boring discution.

**********
<SNIP>
Malartre:
> What's the point on FreeBSD. Any contact between core team?
Theo de Raadt:
No, not really -- there is very little communication.  But there is
one difference between OpenBSD and the other groups that sets us
aside:

We take GREAT PRIDE in watching the other groups and pulling their
good changes into our source tree.  But.. they don't watch what we do
(they do once in a while, but on the whole they barely pay any
attention to what we are doing) NetBSD and FreeBSD don't even really
watch each other's source trees.  We watch both, plus also the work
done by other groups and sub-groups on the net.  We also watch the bug
reports that the other groups get, and try to fix those bugs before
they do.  Add to that our own work, and we end up doing a significant
amount of work.

Out of this huge mess of conflicting and non-conflicting changes, we
try to find a path which makes OpenBSD the best system we can make it.

Hope this answers your questions.  Please understand that if you ask
further questions you might not get such a long answer... I'm
incredibly busy.
Malartre