Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:12:38 +0930
From:      Adam Smith <adam@internode.com.au>
To:        "R. W." <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do I need rc_subr with 5.2.1

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 09:47:24PM +0100, R. W. said:
> I'm not sure what installed it, but I have a port called rc_subr.
>
> Does this port serve any useful function on 5.x?
>
> The pkg_descr suggests it doesn't, but it doesn't say it categorically.

You can find out which packages are dependent on it by typing:

$ pkg_info rc_subr\*

It will return extended pkg_info including a "Required by:".  If no
packages require it to run, and you don't need it, well... :)

For what it's worth, I don't have this port installed and I am running
5.2.1-RELEASE.

--
Adam Smith
Internode	: http://www.internode.on.net

Dog for sale:  Eats lots and is fond of children.