Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:30:45 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding a KVM, what should I be aware of?

On 03/26/03 08:32 PM, Dragoncrest sat at the `puter and typed:
> 	I'm looking at adding a new KVM switch in the coming weeks.  I'm also
> going to be installing Freebsd 5.0 on one of my new workstations.  Just
> wondering what I should be aware of before installing the system and
> putting it on the KVM.  I know some people have mentioned issues with that
> before, so I wanted to be ready and aware of any and all issues so I could
> nail them as they show up so I'm not ripping my hair out trying to solve
> issues relating to my KVM switch.  Thanks!

If the machines on the KVM are all the same, you should have no
problem.  This is what I have at work.  At home, however, the hardware
is pretty varied (one factory Dell, the other is a frankenstein).  In
order to get it to work, I had to limit the KVM use to just the KV,
and hook two mice directly to the system.  Other than this, no
problems.

HTH
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Blast medicine anyway!  We've learned to tie into every organ in the
human body but one.  The brain!  The brain is what life is all about.
    -- McCoy, "The Menagerie", stardate 3012.4