Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 14:48:53 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Randall Hopper" <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>, "Edwin Groothuis" <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ARG!!! 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostnam

This is rubbish.  If you were running Windows you wouldn't have problems -
and you know why - because your Windows mail clients relay through the
RoadRunner mailserver.

It is extremely simple to make your FreeBSD system act like a Windows client
in this regard - you set up fetchmail to obtain your e-mail from the Time
Warner Roadrunner mailserver, and you put the name of the Time Warner
Roadrunner
mailserver in your DS macro in sendmail.cf, it's right under the line that
sayd "Smart relay host"

Your bitch is with RoadRunner, not FreeBSD.  FreeBSD has the tools to work
on these kinds of limited networks.  You chose RoadRunner as your ISP,
and you accept the consequences.  Seeing as how Time Warner signed an
agreement
with the FCC that mandates that they open their cable network to competitive
ISP's this year, instead of complaining to us, why don't you put your
complaints to better use and yell at Time Warner to get some competitive
ISP's online asap.

Ted Mittelstaedt