Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2007 18:22:44 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Quotas on 6.2

I understand quotas were broken in 6.1.  I am testing 6.2 where I
thought they were working again.  However, it behaves considerably
differently from 5.x.  I set both a hard and soft limit on a user to
the same value.  Adding disk usage to that user past that limit
succeeds.  quota shows the limit as having been exceeded but with a
grace period of 7 days.  I don't want a grace period, but a hard
limit.  I used edquota -t to change the grace periods for the
partition to 1 day (per the man page).  However, it still shows a 7
day grace period with quota and the limit is not enforced.  Did I
miss something or is there still a problem with quotas.  Thanks.