Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:16:19 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Blocking SMTP traffic based upon RBL....

There are probably dangerous consequences to doing something like this
improperly; however, there is a project out there called PacketBL:

http://wiki.duskglow.com/index.php/Packetbl

It's for Linux only, unfortunately -- however I like the idea.   It
interfaces with the packet filtering system and selectively blocks SMTP
(port 25, configurable) traffic based upon RBLs etc.

I wonder if there is a similar way to accomplish this with FreeBSD/ipfw...