Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 23:37:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Emanuel Strobl <emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -PRErelease and ACPI: no PRT entry for 0.1.INTA

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Emanuel Strobl wrote:

> Dear Hackers,
>
> on one remote machine I see the following error (RELENG_5 from this night):
>
> pcib0: no PRT entry for 0.1.INTA

There's actually an underscore there; the symbol name is _PRT.

> I have only ssh access and putting "-v" in /boot.config didn't help me
> getting a verbose dmesg. Anyway, I think it's caused by a bogus BIOS but
> I wanted to make sure having it reported. Last version was RELENG_5 from
> Nov. 5th and I also had a ACPI error but more detailed. Unfortunately I
> lost the output....

The message is generally harmless; its just the ACPI code looking for some
objects to assist with PCI interrupt routing. If your machine boots and
doesn't have problems with interrupt storms then I wouldn't stress it.
If it does, then try booting without ACPI.

You need to pass -v on the loader command line since boot2 (which reads
its options from /boot.config) just hands off to loader.  You can also set
boot_verbose="YES" in /boot/loader.conf if you aren't on console and don't
have serial console set up.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org