Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:59:46 -0500
From:      Jeff Cross <jeff.cross@averageadmins.com>
To:        "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using javavmwrapper

[LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> Jeff Cross wrote:
>> Here is the reason I am asking, and maybe someone could shed some light
>> on this as well.
>>
>> I have been using Zend Studio Client 4.0.2 on FreeBSD 6.0-SECURITY for
>> quite some time.  I updated my ports and packages (which Zend is not)
>> the other day and it hasn't worked since.
>>
>> So, if I wanted to try running Zend with the jdk15 port, how would I
>> specify that I wanted to use the 1.5 version of the jdk before firing
>> off the process?  I wouldn't think that making the change in my
>> make.conf file would do this, would it?
>>

> It would.

Thanks a lot for your help Kamikaze.  I apologize.  With me being
somewhat of a newb to the interworking of FreeBSD, I assumed that the
make.conf file would be referenced hen building a port, not when running
a binary.

I entered the JAVA_PREFERRED_PORTS variable in the make.conf file and
all is well now!

Thanks!

Jeff Cross
www.averageadmins.com