Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2000 08:04:42 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl@buz.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel broken?

On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 02:15:33PM +0100, Gabriel Ambuehl scribbled:
| Hello,
| I just attempted to build a new 4-STABLE Kernel (cvsup some minutes ago)
| (somewhat customized, mainly OPTIONS CODA and OPTIONS
| IPFILTER) which failed. I tryed to do it on a machine we did
| encounter no problems so far so a hardware failure
| is unlikely. make buildkernel did yield the following error
| messages (sorry for the extensive quote but I guessed that it's better
| to include as many information as possible):

You are doing a "make buildkernel" with an empty /usr/obj.
(i.e. you did not buildworld before buildkernel.)

If you "really" have to build a kernel with sources that is not in
sync with the userland, use the old way of doing things.

Please do not send the same email 5 times in a row.