Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:35:59 -0700
From:      Bill Trost <trost@cloud.rain.com>
To:        Current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAM integration imminent.

I got two messages making it clear that my last posting wasn't.  I
currently have an aic-based board running against a May -CURRENT.
Because of problems with that card hanging FreeBSD in some circumstances
(Mike Smith specifically mentioned "snot"), I bought a 2940.  The May
-CURRENT hangs probing the 2940, so I thought I would upgrade OS's to
get the latest and greatest ahc driver -- but that would mean abandoning
the aic-based card.

Whimper whimper...I guess I will have to go to right-before-CAM.

Bill Trost writes:
    Lee Cremeans writes:
        I understand a CAMified version of aic is forthcoming, but for now,
        it'll have to go since I don't think any of the old SCSI layer
        exists anymore..

    Oh groovy.  I decided to do an upgrade from the May -CURRENT because
    the latest and greatest Adaptec 2940 wasn't working for FreeBSD (hang
    in probe/attach) -- but I have to upgrade the card at the same time I
    upgrade the OS?  This is going to be...interesting.