Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:28:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Soulofwolf899@cs.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Before I return FreeBSD to the store...

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 Soulofwolf899@cs.com wrote:

> To whom it concerns,
>
> I have just one question to ask before I decide to purchase 3.4 after I
> return 3.3 to the software superstore where I purchased it... have you fixed
> the damned installation error which prevents me from installing the software
> with an APTAI CD-ROM?

	As others have mentioned, it's not possible to answer this without
more details. Please tell us the models and configurations of each device
on both of your IDE busses, then we can make a good start at getting you
in gear.

> I am happy to give FreeBSD a chance to prove itself to me but I cannot unless
> I can install it!  If you have not fixed it in this version then please keep
> my e-mail on file so you can notify me when you have.

	I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. This is a volunteer
organization, and if you volunteer to use our product you volunteer to
keep up to date on it as well. :)

> Thank you,
>
> Charles M. Austin
>
> ps - after spending an hour of my time moving the blasted pin on my CD-ROM to
> every possible combination, without of course the manual, in order to make a
> "slave", I gave up and I have no desire to do it again.

	With all due respect, it's really not our fault if you don't have
your CDROM manual, and can't figure out how to properly set the
jumpers. We will however try to help you with it if you give us the right
details.

Happy new year,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"