Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2007 15:45:17 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
Subject:   Re: One Laptop Per Child

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 10:31:14AM -0500, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> You're aware that by offering your opinion while chastising people for
> doing likewise, you're contributing to the topic you're chastising, right?

Actually . . . I thought the points were made well.  I think perhaps you
have a misconception about what was intended.  My understanding is that
the previous post was intended to chastise someone for an unthinking,
reactionary response, and point out a more reasonable alternative, while
I suspect yours was that the previous post was nothing more than a
knee-jerk "Can't we all just get along?" with random opinions thrown in
-- and you objected to the opinions part, but not the "Can't we all just
get along?"

I personally find vapid, insipid "Can't we all just get along?"
statements odious and unproductive.  I found the post to which you
replied well reasoned and valuable, if a little abrasive.

John Kenneth Galbraith: "If all else fails, immortality can always be
assured through spectacular error."