Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 12:06:47 -0600 (CST)
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        jds@cs.umd.edu (James da Silva)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Revised version of "Giant Step" GIF

> Er, wasn't it "One small step for [a] man, a giant LEAP for mankind."?
>                                                    ^^^^

No, it was "it's some kind of soft stuff. I can push it around with my foot".

The "small step" (which he totally messed up, by the way, using the same words
ib both phrases) was said while standing on the landing pad.

If you count that, the real first words were:

	"Houston, this is Tranquility Base. The Eagle has landed."