Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 1995 19:03:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Big win for BSD/OS compatibility

On Sun, 24 Sep 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'm currently talking with them (Netscape) about this very subject.
> Apparently they need dlopen()/dlsym() functionality in Netscape 2.0
> and this is not provided in BSDI 1.1, so there's a problem.

    I wonder how many BSD/OS 1.1 users are out there, and how much of
a stink they would raise if Netscape doesn't support it with the new
Navigator.  :)  Writing code that works both with BSD/OS 2.0 and
FreeBSD 2.x should not be terribly difficult, and Netscape can always
calls for help from FreeBSD users if they are *that* afraid of the
support issue.

> I'm now busily trying to talk them into doing both BSDI 2.0 and
> FreeBSD 2.x native ports.. :-)

    Cool beans.  :)
--
Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
System Administrator, Internex Online Inc.