Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 06:26:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      sphin X <sphinX@euromedia.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ntfs mount -- help

hello, this is my first post here as i'm very new user of freebsd. i wonder if any of u can help me with the following problem.

i got two HDs, one with freebsd and the other with NT. for some reason the NT crashed and i thought instead of trying to repair it, i'll do a new install (to rearange the partitions).

the problem is that there is some stuff in the NT disk that i'd like to keep. so i try to mount the NT disk from the freebsd.

mounting goes ok, but i can only see one of the two partitions of the NT disk.(thats the c: drive). most of the stuff i wanna keep is on the d: drive, but i dont seem to be able to mount that. actually cant even locate which one it is...

the dmesg command before mounting gives the following:
ad0 19092MB ... ata0-master UDMA33
ad1 19092MB ... ata0-slave UDMA33

the partitions for freebsd i can see are mount in /dev/ad0s1a to ad0s1h.

for NT, the only dev i can mount is the ad1s1, but this shows only the c: drive. does anyone know how i can mount the d: drive???

i tried ad1s2, ad1s1a,b,c , ad1 but dont seem to work (i get invalid argument)

thank u in advance for ur help...