Date:      11 Jul 2000 04:27:34 +0200
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <clefevre%no-spam@citeweb.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   APM and SCSI : suspend

why it's not possible to suspend SCSI drives like the ATA/IDE ones ?

I'm not talking about camcontrol suspend feature. if you have a mounted
filesystem, and access a file onto that filesystem while the drive is
suspended in this manner, the system gives up. and it is not so good
(at all :) to do the same thing if you have some swap space onto that
drive, crash...

also, I experienced suspended SCSI drives under windows, then warm boot.
the boot loader is not able to wake up the drives. so it complains about
drive not found and you have to power off/on your machine to wake up the
drives.

is that feature, suspend/wake up of SCSI drives, programmed in the future ?

PS : maybe -arch should be in this thread ?

Cyrille.
--
home:mailto:clefevre%no-spam@citeweb.net Supprimer "%no-spam" pour me repondre.
work:mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre%no-spam@edf.fr Remove "%no-spam" to answer me back.