Date:      Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:32:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        Eric Wayte <ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

On 2001-07-03, Eric Wayte scribbled:

# I posted this over on -chat and only received one response.
#
# The FreeBSD Mall has temporarily been replaced by BSD Central.  A subset
# of the previously available merchandise is for sale at BSD Central.  The
# problem I have is that BSD Central sells FreeBSD 4.3 for $39.95 while
# their alter ego, Linux Central, sells it for $29.95.

Ouch... I think I might sign up for the FreeBSD subscription over at
Daemon News Mall (they also have OpenBSD, NetBSD and Darwin
subscriptions).

The regular FreeBSD 4.3 release runs for $35.00 (I know... It's more
than Linux Central), but a FreeBSD subscription runs for $25.00 (dunno
if that's for all four CDs or not).

# I know Walnut Creek is gone, but who is in charge here?  It's obvious to
# me that WindDrivel has no intention of any FreeBSD advocacy - they just
# wanted the code.
#
# It's sad to watch something grow and then just fall to pieces as a result
# of corporate greed or stupidity...

<sniff> <nod>

--
Linh Pham