Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 16:47:57 +0100
From:      Uwe Laverenz <uwe.laverenz@difi.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Proliant 800?

Hi all,

I have to buy a new server, and I want to run FreeBSD 3.x on it. I'd
like to buy a Compaq Proliant 800 (without RAID controller) and put some
IBM SCSI harddrives into it. I want to stripe the disks using vinum. I
want to run PostgreSQL, Apache, Samba and some related stuff on it.

Would this configuration be a good choice or are there any issues with
the Compaq servers?

thanks in advance,
Uwe