Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:43:17 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Ross A Lippert" <ripper@plato.nmia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   irq not in bitmap of probed irqs

Still pulling my hair out.

OK, assuming that for some reason my modem was not being picked up in the
irq probe (whatever that is), I bought another modem which was pci instead
of isa-pnp.

While the BIOS picked it up during the boot sequence at irq 5 as a comm
device, it came up as an unknown card to the BSD (4.0) kernel, and,
although sio2 was config-ed to be at irq 5, the message "sio2: irq 5 not
in bitmap of probed irq's"

(please reply personally)

-r